tables are turning

Started by 1union, February 02, 2013, 03:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1union

Great job at the zoo! With a little help from john eadicicco,we were able to get ed gig upand speak to council women quinn.She says she is  on board and will do what she can to get us back to work and she said it sounds like the owners are the ones making to much.She hit the nail right on the head.We are also sending her copys of union breaking letters that were illegaly handed out by neil puppet owen and fat dom gotto.1181 stand strong get behind our union and lets take our jobs back so our familys can live!  God bless 1181!Ask not what the union can do for you but what you can do to put scumbag owners and mayor in there place! Stay srtong and united !

mirrorcheck

1Union.....great post....I second that whole motion 100%!
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

Staten Island Chuck predicted an early spring ... hope that's also a prediction for an early end to the strike!  :thumb_up:
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

driver

driver

I hope she helps us succeed!

mirrorcheck

Buzz your lips to Gods ears....God still trumps bloomy any day of the week...even though Bloomy acts otherwise.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

Quote from: mirrorcheck on February 03, 2013, 07:25:38 PM
Buzz your lips to Gods ears....God still trumps bloomy any day of the week...even though Bloomy acts otherwise.

Bloomy thinks he is God!!!

Buzz

Quote from: 1union on February 02, 2013, 03:25:01 PM
She says she is  on board and will do what she can to get us back to work and she said it sounds like the owners are the ones making to much.

She's still barking up the wrong tree. The excessive budget is not due to our salaries/benefits, nor is it due to owners making too much money. Contractors are not here to provide the city with a non-profit service, or us with a livelihood. They are in business to make money and are entitled to a fair profit. A company like Pioneer has many millions of dollars in payroll and other overhead. If Neil can't come out making 10 - 15% on his money, why would he want to stay in business? He could sell out and invest that money in many other things where he could make at least that much of a return ... or more. (By the way, outside of NYC, school bus companies make up to nearly twice as much profit ... though the city excludes this fact from its cost comparisons.)

The real problem is the inefficiency at which the system operates. NCLB is one culprit that often limits the use of a given vehicle to only a few students. The city can't do anything about NCLB, but long before that the DOE had its "inclusion" and "school choice" programs which also squandered transportation resources. Even now, if a kid's school is a failing (SURR) school, he can pick an alternate school ... and get taken to it by yellow bus. (The problem is that there are failing schools.)

Or other kids requiring special services ... for instance, a Reliant bus that comes from Brooklyn, picks up 1 kid in Staten Island, goes back to Brooklyn and picks up 2 more kids, then takes them to Westchester. There is no time for that vehicle to do any more schools. How many hundreds, (if not thousands) of similar scenarios like this are there?

Then there's at least 1 kid who is airlifted by helicopter to Westchester with a private nurse paid for by the DOE! How many thousands per week does that one kid cost? How many more like him are there?

Of course, the city is mandated by state and/or federal law to provide schools that offer certain services to special needs kids, but why don't they have the facilities and faculty to do it in the city? Because it would cost many times more than transporting kids to these other locations ...that's why. Then they complain that transportation costs too much! Can't have it both ways.

There's money to be saved on regular ed runs, too, but the city is so inept that when they tried to consolidate some of those a few years ago, they botched it up badly ... after paying a consulting firm $20 million to tell them exactly how to fu#k up the runs.

There's a lot wrong with school busing in the city, but none of it is because either we or the owners make too much. We're just the easiest scapegoats.

1union

Bet he did alot better than you and me last year and lets not forget he tried to break our union as soon as ernie wasnt around.Also he voted no to benefits for feb knowing what happened with sandy. I THOUGHT HE WAS ON OUR SIDE AND WOULD NEVER DO THAT ,BUT HE COULLDNT WAIT TIL ERNIE WASN'T AROUND SENT OWEN DOWN TO BREAK OUR UNION! YOUR RIGHT IT IS BUSINESS THATS WHY THERES NO ROOM FOR ASS KISSERS INOUR UNION.HE'S. NO BETTER THAN FAT DOM GOTTO HE DOES WHATEVER. FATSO DOES.WE WILL STAND STRONG STAY UNITED AND SAVE OUR JOBS SO OUR FAMILY'S CAN LIVE.    GOD BLESS 1181!

4real

Union 1 im glad someone else see it to. Its time to seperate union and company in pioneer.

Goose623

Been saying it all along Neil does not care about any of us. And yet during a strike there are still drivers in the office hanging out while other drivers and matrons are outside freezing. Me for one will remember those rat faces.

faceit

thats why the shop stewards desk should be sperate from the main office, they do not need to hear our business, dispatchers are management not our friends (when were working) lets not forget that. 1181 STAND STRONG :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Buzz

Quote from: 1union on February 04, 2013, 03:43:21 PM
Bet he did alot better than you and me last year and lets not forget he tried to break our union as soon as ernie wasnt around.Also he voted no to benefits for feb knowing what happened with sandy. I THOUGHT HE WAS ON OUR SIDE AND WOULD NEVER DO THAT ,BUT HE COULLDNT WAIT TIL ERNIE WASN'T AROUND SENT OWEN DOWN TO BREAK OUR UNION! YOUR RIGHT IT IS BUSINESS THATS WHY THERES NO ROOM FOR ASS KISSERS INOUR UNION.HE'S. NO BETTER THAN FAT DOM GOTTO HE DOES WHATEVER. FATSO DOES.WE WILL STAND STRONG STAY UNITED AND SAVE OUR JOBS SO OUR FAMILY'S CAN LIVE.    GOD BLESS 1181!

Sure he did a lot better than we did last year. We make one salary. His is multiplied by as many times as he has drivers/runs. 

Break our union? If you mean that he tried to get people to cross the line, yes, he did. He's still obligated to fulfill the contract he has with the city and has to make every effort to try to do that or risk having his contract pulled. If that happened, we'd have no jobs to go back to.

Ass kisser? Dude, please grow up. I'm telling you like it is whether or not you're intellectually capable of grasping it.  No contractor is here for you, me or anybody else. If you think otherwise, you're kidding yourself. They're in business to make money and it's all about the bottom line. Warm and fuzzy are not factors. That's the cold, hard truth ... not saying you have to like it.

As far as health benefits, I can agree with you. They know we're not striking against them. The money is already in the fund, enough for at least several months. For the contractors to use that as an inducement to return to work is at the least spiteful ... if not inhumane.

1union

Buzz by no means was i calling you an ass kisser but you been around long enough to no what a mean.Your right it is a business and we need to stand up for best 1181and its members first! This strike really sucks but it also will make us stronger and show the douters if w e stick togather we can prevail.Wish you an yours the very best during these difficult times.Like you i too stand with our union officials and look foward to returning back to work with an EPP in place.GodBless 1181

Rock Steady

Well said Buzz, the truth needs to be said, even if it hurts.