Message from Ernie & Andy

Started by Ernie, October 27, 2013, 03:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: terminator on October 31, 2013, 05:39:26 AM
Buzz...if 'we' (the 400 drivers currently at pioneer) voted NO to the contract -could the company hire other out of work 1181 drivers?

No ... not unless we went on strike. Otherwise, we'd just keep working under the imposed contract. (And not get our retro for a long, long time.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

1union

But if we except the deal we get our money that was illegally withheld if not he continues to screw us ? Sounds like blackmail to me?

Buzz

Quote from: 1union on October 31, 2013, 06:08:49 PM
But if we except the deal we get our money that was illegally withheld if not he continues to screw us ? Sounds like blackmail to me?

Well, we could reject it, have to work under the terms of it anyway (or guys on strike) ... and wait a couple of years until appeals are exhausted to get our money.

Buzz

Quote from: worker341 on October 31, 2013, 01:17:21 AM
Do what we did so many times before when we had to vote in the garage for shop steward when more then one was running for the job of shop steward, paper ballots, mark yes or no on a piece of paper drop it in a box and count the votes in front of all workers and of course get one of them high paying assholes down to our garage to having everyone sign in before they vote and drop the paper in the box.

If by "high paying assholes" you mean the guys that put in more hours a day than we actually work in a week ... especially now negotiating to get us the best contract in the city ... I'm told yes, at least one of them will be on hand to oversee paper balloting.

1union

This is why we should have them down once a month in our yard so we can address the issues we have and put the bullshit to rest.

rc1790

Why aren't we waiting until after Bloomberg leaves to negotiate a contract. Leave everything as is for another 2 months.
It seems like a rush negotiation.

Buzz

Quote from: rc1790 on November 01, 2013, 11:05:52 PM
Why aren't we waiting until after Bloomberg leaves to negotiate a contract. Leave everything as is for another 2 months.
It seems like a rush negotiation.

Oh, it is. But it's not the union that's rushing it, nor can they delay it if they're to "bargain in good faith." The sooner we make less, the sooner "they" make more.

rc1790

Buzz

John Eadicicco

I am speaking from my heart when I say this. I will vote to reject ANY contract that does NOT pay an additional days pay when I must go to work (election day) and a driver that has been here for 1 year is home in bed and getting same pay as me!!!!!!! End of story! Neil is getting SAME rate per Diem per bus as always! Tired of senior men giving up $$$ to carry the burden! End of story!

1union

Just my opinion but if he wants us to listen to him cry poverty and give up anything I want to see his books and let's see how much the prick is loosening.  Also I want every dime he has stole from my family and continue to play bullshit games.  Shame on any 1181 member who does anything for the office or use their personal phones. He is slowly destroying his own company. He wonders why so many comp cases when he hires a manger to break everyone s balls to no end make people hate their jobs an co workers.Maybe he should go back to the days where the union covered the work (#1 fist pic first bus let drivers cover trips and do things in senoirarty so there's no favoritism. This company would run it self. Company and union must come together and fight the real problem the city.   remember don't do nothing for the office management is stealing your money and harassing workers  like never before .grow some balls to stand up for your rights and do not use personal cell phones       stay strong 1181

yabba

Buzz you still have my vote and my nomination,but i have to differ with you on 1 issue...here goes ...lol..
seriously the 4 hours pay for covering a run is total bull$hit,its not about $$ it about not covering work period.we expect guys to give up 3500.00 a year and OPT back into the benefits,which is never going to happen either way,but on the next hand certain people are covering work,it doesnt make a differnce what their compensation is for that...

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on November 02, 2013, 11:30:22 AM
Buzz you still have my vote and my nomination,but i have to differ with you on 1 issue...here goes ...lol..
seriously the 4 hours pay for covering a run is total bull$hit,its not about $$ it about not covering work period.we expect guys to give up 3500.00 a year and OPT back into the benefits,which is never going to happen either way,but on the next hand certain people are covering work,it doesnt make a differnce what their compensation is for that...

I understand what you're saying but the work has to be covered, (as per contract), one way or another. Better to be paid 4 hours, (thanks to Ernie) instead of 1. Capeesh?

spanishjonny

Chicco, Guess i am so uninformed that i don't even know what you are talking about with "you working Election Day while a guy with one year is home in bed". But i guess you don't mind when that same guy is at the Bronx Zoo or up in mid town Manhattan day after day while you are home relaxing. One Union......trips for everyone! Also, i almost always agree with everything that John has to say.

1union

its called seniority if we did everything in seniority order no one would have reason to complainso when you put in your 20 years you could sit home on your couch while the other guys do the trips that's just the way it goes.