The UI Conumdrum Continues

Started by Buzz, August 08, 2020, 06:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WigWag16

Quote from: Buzz on August 24, 2020, 02:21:05 PM
Quote from: WigWag16 on August 24, 2020, 02:15:21 PM
Congrats lol I'm jealous of your 504 I got 358....does yours say direct deposit all the way at the end to the right or is it blacked out

Yes, it says Direct Deposit. If you don't see that on the pic I posted maybe it's the way your phone is rendering it. Try looking at your account on another device, preferably a computer.

Thanks Buzz...I flipped it and saw it says direct deposit. So i should be getting paid tomorrow as usual given it was released today. Thank God I opened up the new claim last Monday and saw no issues with it.....btw how do i post a photo in here with it appearing. I click attachment and add it from my phone and. It never shows lol

WigWag16

Can't post a photo on here for some reason BUT this is what I see on my new claim.....given it shows this then there were no issues with the new claim and the money will be in my account tomorrow given it says it was released today

Week Ending   Total Amount   Net Amount   Effective Days   Release Date   Type
08/23/2020   $358.00              $358.00             4                    08/24/2020   Direct Deposit
08/16/2020   $0.00              $0.00             4                    08/20/2020   Last week worked

wheresmymoney!

Anyone ever hear of it asking for a pin number? Ive never had a pin number that i know of? 

WigWag16

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on August 24, 2020, 02:44:13 PM
Anyone ever hear of it asking for a pin number? Ive never had a pin number that i know of?

It's the same 4 digit pin you set up your UI account with

wheresmymoney!

Jeeze dont remember ever having one

WigWag16

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on August 24, 2020, 02:58:08 PM

You ever call up and you put your SSN in then your 4 digit pin ID? It's that same one

Hammer2161

Buzz, you must first exhaust the initial 26 weeks of unemployment before you are eligible for either of the two extensions. The 13 week extension under the Cares act will be applied first but if I remember correctly that eligibility ends on Dec. 27th 2020. There is also an extra 20 weeks being afforded through NY State but that will be the last extension applied. As if it wasn't confusing enough already. Glad you guys are getting your money.

wheresmymoney!

On hold to speak with next tier person holding long time it says they can call u back and you wont lose place on line.  Is this true or should i just hold

WigWag16

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on August 24, 2020, 03:34:14 PM
On hold to speak with next tier person holding long time it says they can call u back and you wont lose place on line.  Is this true or should i just hold

Happened to me once when they called back
And another when they didn't. You're better off staying on hold as annoying as it sounds

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on August 24, 2020, 03:30:58 PM
Buzz, you must first exhaust the initial 26 weeks of unemployment before you are eligible for either of the two extensions. The 13 week extension under the Cares act will be applied first but if I remember correctly that eligibility ends on Dec. 27th 2020. There is also an extra 20 weeks being afforded through NY State but that will be the last extension applied. As if it wasn't confusing enough already. Glad you guys are getting your money.

Yes, and that being the case, I don't see why we had to open new claims. There was supposed to be a total of 52 - 59 weeks of extended benefits. I don't get it.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on August 24, 2020, 02:58:08 PM

If you forgot it, you'll have to call to get another. But if you've been claiming on the phone all along, it's the same 4 - digit number you used to enter your claim.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

That seems to be the one of the many flaws in all of this. " If your benefit year expires you must open a new claim." Last time I checked 59 weeks is longer than a year so eventually it would seem everyone is going to face that problem. You would think they would just change the effective days to 236 and be done with it.

wheresmymoney!

Got the pin holding an hour and a half.  They keep saying theyll call back its tempting but im 😨

WigWag16

Quote from: Hammer2161 on August 24, 2020, 04:00:20 PM
That seems to be the one of the many flaws in all of this. " If your benefit year expires you must open a new claim." Last time I checked 59 weeks is longer than a year so eventually it would seem everyone is going to face that problem. You would think they would just change the effective days to 236 and be done with it.

Well yeah but it's unemployment so they can't make sense of it lol. So technically nobody is getting an "extension" surely if we did I'd be getting the 504 still
Not 358 lol. But it keeps saying we got extended the additional weeks but they keep making us open a new claim

wheresmymoney!

I still dont understand why u are not getting 504