New Contract Discussion

Started by Buzz, February 09, 2016, 05:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gigi11744

christ where the hell is 3/4 of the pie i was told about... my god am i missing some pages

Grrr

Vote NO!!!!

And before some one tells me "at least you have a job".  Don't do it.  Until these buses can drive themselves, we are valuable, and deserve a decent raise and good contract.

4real

Hey neil the next strike wont be as pretty as the last one!!!!!!!

yabba

we have no time for impeach...we have time next week to go stand in front of union hall and have our voices heard and maybe michael will be a man and step down for the best of the membership and take his brother with him... i have no problem striking but i will stay home before i will walk a picket line under this mans rule...he must step down and we need to let him know... next week lets start being heard...

yabba

how could we vote yes, just on the welfare fund in 2017... we know its a failure,looks to me less money will be paid into it and in 2017 the trustees decides we need 300.00 more a month we pay 150.00 of it...read it understand it vote no we going to get fucked even more.. dont look at 1181 examples of an increase   im telling you it will be 300.00 a month at a minimum...

John Eadicicco

Just a point of reference for the people who are not familiar with the sick days approved by the NY State Assembly. All companies that employ 20 or more workers are subject to giving those employees 5 sick days annually, under the terms of the law. This law went into effect April 1, 2014. Employees who work under union contracts are bound by collective bargaining. The 5 sick days were bargained OUT of the contract that 1181 has with the contractors. Thank You once again Mr. Cordiello!

Buzz

Hey! We get to pay for our own sick days!!! What else do you want?

Seriously though, just by rough calculation and not knowing how much we could eventually be paying toward our medical ... and even with our "big" raise ... by the end of this contract in 2018 I could well be making LESS than I did at the end of the 2012 school year!!! (And that's not even taking into account the increased co-pays and reduced benefits that we were handed last year.) So I certainly am not going to try to tell anybody how to vote.

However, I don't blame Michael. It took 19 meetings for our negotiators to even get this much out of the greedy owners. His job ... his OBLIGATION ... is to present the offer to us, for better or for worse, NOT to decide that for us. It is solely in our hands to accept it or not. We passed a strike vote months ago. It is at OUR discretion as to whether or not to act on it.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

John Eadicicco

Just goes to show how Fucking incompetent they are. They could of gotten this done in 30 seconds and saved 18 trips to the bargaining table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grrr

Buzz

Yes, John, because it's just as easy as you think ...
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

rc1790

New hires seem to benefit the most. 17.50 an hour,5 sick days without paying for them, medical after a year, and raises on top of it. Talk about
the opposite of eating your young. They may some day replace the rest of us. Drivers with 3 years on are at the 17 dollar level.

Grrr

Hey Mike!   I bet your ears are ringing right now.

John Eadicicco

Buzz let me school you on what I Think. I HAVE negotiated contracts in the real estate industry. I KNOW what it takes to get things to finality. THIS IS A FUCKING EMBARRASSMENT! And to think that there is NOT is tunnel vision on your part. Cordiello negotiated the 5 sicks days OUT of the CBA for 1181. I understand that this web site is a filter for the business of 1181. PLEASE don't insult our INTELLIGENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

yabba

now it makes sense as to why this was kept quiet till this morning ...and yes its michaels doing   he should have never even presented this to us... we were told the meeting were unproductive,then everything went hush hush... please dont bullshit me..

4real

Buzz I've officially lost all respect for you and now know for sure you write what you are told to write Michael is all to blame,  he should have taken a page out of the Neil's book and got up and walked out of negotiations before even considering showing this to the members... Come on Buzz who does is to blame