Unemployment Year Date Answer

Started by WigWag16, July 28, 2020, 03:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WigWag16

Quote from: rc1790 on August 03, 2020, 04:31:26 PM
I put 4/30 last day. 9/10 return. I did not put COVID only lack of work. That's a tentative return date. If we don't go back I don't see a problem. Received email stating no need to call a representative.

So you should be able to claim this Sunday and
Hopefully get paid Tuesday

LMR

RC1790,won't  you lose the Covid relief $ when it's reinstated if you say  lack of work was reason for unemployment and not from COVID?Thanks for the info.

yabba

Quote from: LMR on August 03, 2020, 05:18:49 PM
RC1790,won't  you lose the Covid relief $ when it's reinstated if you say  lack of work was reason for unemployment and not from COVID?Thanks for the info.

most of us had claims opened before covid which were lack of work...and when the 600 started we all recieved it... if i remember right the covd quation had to do with the waiting week being waived...but who knows this whole thing is enough to make you drink heavily...

rc1790

Update
Called unemployment. Rep said I did not have to file a claim due to recent pandemic automatic extension. New claim caused an overlap in dates which he corrected. Benefits extended 13 weeks. Just have to continue to certify weekly. If there is no additional extension beyond the 13 weeks, then a new claim is filed. If your date ends during the extension period just claim each week. Information should be in the handbook.

WigWag16

Quote from: rc1790 on August 03, 2020, 08:05:35 PM
Update
Called unemployment. Rep said I did not have to file a claim due to recent pandemic automatic extension. New claim caused an overlap in dates which he corrected. Benefits extended 13 weeks. Just have to continue to certify weekly. If there is no additional extension beyond the 13 weeks, then a new claim is filed. If your date ends during the extension period just claim each week. Information should be in the handbook.

Nobody knows what they are talking about with unemployment Lmaoo.....they are telling us to file new claims when the year date comes and now telling us not to
Open a new claim...wth is it lol. The website says if benefit date ends file a new claim

yabba

Update

rc1790  did you benefit year end or did you run out of weeks to claim in your past U claim...  im so confused...

WigWag16

Update

I guess there's really only one way to find out but my question to you is when you went into your page was there an option to certify the benefits or just open a new claim? Actually I guess you wouldn't know about certifying benefits till Sunday cause you already claimed this week

driver

How did u reach the representative.. by calling or from the computer? I am having a hard time getting thru by phone.

rc1790

I called 888-209-8124. After switching back and forth to main menu, it put me through.

WigWag16

Quote from: rc1790 on August 03, 2020, 09:06:22 PM
I called 888-209-8124. After switching back and forth to main menu, it put me through.

Did your year end date happen or did you run out of days? It's so weird how representatives are telling us two different things when it comes to opening a new claim when the year date ends or not

yabba

Q: HOW CAN I FIND OUT IF I AM ELIGIBLE FOR EB?
A: The Department of Labor will send out letters with instructions to claimants who may be eligible for EB. If you
believe you are eligible for EB, but have not received a letter yet, you should take the following actions:
If your Benefit Year has not expired, continue to certify for benefits as you previously did using one of the following
methods. You will automatically begin to claim Extended Benefits:
• Online at www.labor.ny.gov/signin: Log in to the "My Online Services" page, select "Unemployment
Services," and choose "Claim Weekly Benefits."
• By telephone: Call the Tel-Service toll-free number: 888-581-5812. Tel-Service is available 24 hours a day, 7
days a week.
• Instructions for TTY/TDD users (hearing impaired): Call a relay operator at 800-662-1220 and ask the
operator to call 888-783-1370.
• Instructions for Video Relay users: Contact your relay operator and ask the operator to call 888-783-1370.
If your Benefit Year has expired, you must file a new claim. Use one of these methods to file your new claim:
• Online at unemployment.labor.ny.gov: Select "Login," and then choose "File A Claim." It will be necessary to
call the Telephone Claims Center to complete your claim.
• By telephone: Call the Telephone Claim Center at 1-888-209-8124, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to
7:30 pm, Choose your language option and then press "2" to file a claim. After providing the necessary
information, you will need to speak to an agent to complete your claim.
• Instructions for TTY/TDD users (hearing impaired): Call a relay operator at 800-662-1220 and ask the
• Instructions for Video Relay users: Contact your relay operator and ask the operator to call 888-783-1370.

WigWag16

Quote from: yabba on August 03, 2020, 09:22:44 PM
Q: HOW CAN I FIND OUT IF I AM ELIGIBLE FOR EB?
A: The Department of Labor will send out letters with instructions to claimants who may be eligible for EB. If you
believe you are eligible for EB, but have not received a letter yet, you should take the following actions:
If your Benefit Year has not expired, continue to certify for benefits as you previously did using one of the following
methods. You will automatically begin to claim Extended Benefits:
• Online at www.labor.ny.gov/signin: Log in to the "My Online Services" page, select "Unemployment
Services," and choose "Claim Weekly Benefits."
• By telephone: Call the Tel-Service toll-free number: 888-581-5812. Tel-Service is available 24 hours a day, 7
days a week.
If your Benefit Year has expired, you must file a new claim. Use one of these methods to file your new claim:
• Online at unemployment.labor.ny.gov: Select "Login," and then choose "File A Claim." It will be necessary to
call the Telephone Claims Center to complete your claim.
• By telephone: Call the Telephone Claim Center at 1-888-209-8124, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to
7:30 pm, Choose your language option and then press "2" to file a claim. After providing the necessary
information, you will need to speak to an agent to complete your claim.

See it tells us to open a new claim when the year date ends but other reps are telling people no just continue to certify even after your date ends 🤦🏻‍♂️

Buzz

But if you don't open a book the day after your year ends, will you be given the option just to claim benefits the following Sunday? Has anybody done this?
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

rc1790

Buzz,
That is probably the 13 week extension. I just read the email that everyone should have gotten on7/24. It states in order to continue receiving benefits just certify each week. There is no need to reapply unless told to do so.

WigWag16

Quote from: Buzz on August 03, 2020, 10:43:13 PM
But if you don't open a book the day after your year ends, will you be given the option just to claim benefits the following Sunday? Has anybody done this?

See but that's the thing, they should be telling us one answer. If you wait till
Sunday then you gotta wait till that Monday to speak
To someone to file a claim rather than the Monday after it ends(makes sense) lmao