The land of make believe

Started by gigi11744, December 30, 2015, 01:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on January 02, 2016, 04:34:38 AM
Also I think it's pretty obvious in the next elections what we have to do.

Yep, pretty obvious to me, anyway ... and that's not putting in office the people who claimed they were going to "fix" this union and instead are responsible for its downfall. Now they want to "fix" it again? No thanks.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

24yrs1181

Buzz , without being disrespectful , I think you are watching a little too much late night TV, so in your minds eye the many benefits our membership  earned overt he last  35 years through hard work , professionalism , STRONG UNION LEADERSHIP DEDICATED TO THE MEMBERS , and a well planned , thought out strike, all that we suffered to earn we're in essence not earned at all , everything we had were all due to the Board of Ed, the Mayors office,the Governors office,the District Attorneys office,  the OPT, all the cities vendors, the Arch Diocese , down to the crossing guards,,, All these people allowed our union to flourish financially for 35 years were all due to the fear that if they did not do what the Godfather told them they would wake up in the morning with a horses head in their bed  , WOW we worked so hard all those years for nothing , all we had to do was to line up the whole city to bow down and just kiss a ring, ,,,, that's amazing the way you see this ,,,,,in my opinion our local flourished for 35 years because of hard work, the most professional school bus drivers and matrons and mechanics in the country, and leadership that put the members before the contractors and never sold us down the river like what we have today. JOHN AND SAL WERE REAL LEADERS , AND NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT THEY ARE NOT MISSED , CORDIELLO COULD NOT SHINE THEIR SHOES.

Buzz

Quote from: 24yrs1181 on January 02, 2016, 06:06:07 AM
Buzz , without being disrespectful , I think you are watching a little too much late night TV, so in your minds eye the many benefits our membership  earned overt he last  35 years through hard work , professionalism , STRONG UNION LEADERSHIP DEDICATED TO THE MEMBERS , and a well planned , thought out strike, all that we suffered to earn we're in essence not earned at all , everything we had were all due to the Board of Ed, the Mayors office,the Governors office,the District Attorneys office,  the OPT, all the cities vendors, the Arch Diocese , down to the crossing guards,,, All these people allowed our union to flourish financially for 35 years were all due to the fear that if they did not do what the Godfather told them they would wake up in the morning with a horses head in their bed  , WOW we worked so hard all those years for nothing , all we had to do was to line up the whole city to bow down and just kiss a ring, ,,,,

You left out Rudy Giuliani. He wanted to bust us every bit as much as Bloomberg. Why did he back down in the mid 90s? Because he was a nice guy and liked us? He just had a sudden change of heart? An epiphany? Your exaggeration is amusing, but it shows you severely underestimate the influence that the right "backing" can wield with the city and contractors as well. Unfortunately, Michael has to go by the book. He can't go running to some "Johnny Bag O' Donuts" to pull some strings or exert some persuasion. But he is every bit as "dedicated to the members" as his predecessor.

Quote from: 24yrs1181 on January 02, 2016, 06:06:07 AM
JOHN AND SAL WERE REAL LEADERS , AND NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT THEY ARE NOT MISSED , CORDIELLO COULD NOT SHINE THEIR SHOES.

You got that right, especially with Sal. Regrettable that some asshole dissidents (malcontents) worked so hard to bring him down and were finally successful ... isn't it? You and they got what you wished for. Too bad you and they didn't appreciate what we had, when we had it.  Now you want to blame Michael instead of yourselves. You all got what you deserve. Unfortunately the rest of us have to suffer with you.

Buzz

Quote from: Just_Right on January 02, 2016, 01:41:59 AM
Hmmmmm

seems all 65 posts made recently by wakeup123 are all against the union and a few even saying shit about Buzz calling him a puppet..and needing Ernie's permission to post...

Thank you, Just_Right. When I do ask Ernie about something I will intentionally mention in a post that I spoke to him about whatever. Otherwise, as is the case with every post in this thread, it's just me, just my opinion. I'm used to people making ad hominem attacks when they can't get their points across on their own merit ... or lack thereof.

WakeUp123

Quote from: Just_Right on January 02, 2016, 01:41:59 AM
Hmmmmm

seems all 65 posts made recently by wakeup123 are all against the union and a few even saying shit about Buzz calling him a puppet..and needing Ernie's permission to post...

So if you and the other few on here don't like the union .....uhm..here's a thought LEAVE!!!! And being that you are so unhappy you won't have to be sooooo upset to come on a this site and spew shit.

Ok ,for now on a new rule certain people have stated that I should leave for "BASHING" the union and "SAYING SHIT" about BUZZ so for now on NO MORE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE FOLLOWING ISSUES:

1. THE SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS OF THE UNION,

2. BREECH OF THE PRIOR CONTRACT

3. THE EPP

4. THE DRACONIAN MANAGEMENT PRACTICES OF OWEN AND THE OFFICE.

5. SCUMBAG DRIVERS WHO REPEATEDLY COVER RUNS VIS CELLPHONE AGAINST ERNIE'S ORDERS, RIGHT BUZZ.

6. THE ELECTION INVESTIGATION

7. THE DISASTEROUS STRIKE

8. THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY EMPLOYED BY THE UNION FOR 100 K PLUS A YEAR

9. THE LACK OF ANY INFORMATION ABOUT ANYTHING FROM OUR UNION

10. BUZZ'S LOVE AFFIAR WITH THE "MAFIA" CONTROL OF THE UNION IN THE GOOD OLD DAYS, AS HE SAYS

SO FOR NOW ON NO MORE POSTS FOR NOW ON, LETS JUST KEEP READING BUZZ, POST TOPIC AFTER TOPIC AND REPLY TO THEM HIMSELF.

CERTAIN POSTERS ON THIS SITE HAVE STATED "IF YOU DONT LIKE IT LEAVE" I SAY MAKE ME!

PROUD MEMBER

As I said earlier it's good to get the Members blood circulating but I personally think it's going a little to far. The language & content in recent posts are like "Hey I'll meet you outside the gate and settle this like men." Enough with the who said this, who ratted out who, what the guys from 10 or 20 years ago did, what Giuliani, Bloomberg, deBlasio did or even what Michael has done or not done in the last 6 years. The thing that each and everyone of us at each property and as a Local collectively should be discussing is what we are going to do today, tomorrow and in the future to band together in order to help ourselves and our families. We all know about the good & bad of yesterday, we lived it. We should be talking about what we can do TOGETHER for the good of tomorrow!

WakeUp123

That sounds fantastic, but How can we band together for a good tomorrow when NOTHING HAS CHANGED?

1. WE ARE STILL IN THE DARK ABOUT THE CONTRACT AND THE EPP

2. WE ARE STILL NEGOTIATING AS SEPERATE COMPANIES EFFECTIVELY CAUSIN A "DISPARITY" BEWEEN ALL 1181 UNION MEMBERS

3. WE ALLOWED AND FORGAVE  THE MECHANICS FOR ABANDONING US ON THE LINE TO RUN BACK TO NEIL WHO REWARDED THEM WITH BONUSES. WTF

4. WE STAND BY WHILE THE OFFICE (OWEN) FINES, FIRES AND INTIMIDATES DRIVERS CREATING A FEAR AND HOSTILE WORK ENVIROMENT WITHOUT ANY DUE PROCESS.

5. AGAIN DRIVERS WHO PREACH UNION BROTHERHOOD AND ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL THEN SECRETLY COVER RUNS FOR  THE OFFICE WHILE "SHAPE" DRIVERS ARE SENT HOME ALL SO THEY CAN MAKE 25 DOLLARS EXTRA.

THESE ACTIONS AND ATTITUDES NEED TO BE ADDRESSED AND CORECTED BEFORE ANY UNITY CAN BE ACHIEVED

John Eadicicco

Wake up 123.... Trying to win over Buzz and Just Right is like a black man going on the KKK website and tring to convince them that Black is Beautiful!!!!!!😀

John Eadicicco

I meant to say Al Sharpton!!!!

PROUD MEMBER

It's quite apparent (to me at least)that you WakeUp123 do not want to band together. It appears to me that you just want to continue to complain and hear yourself on this site. I hope I'm wrong and here's an easy way for you to prove me wrong. Starting Monday when we return to work in the morning go into the Driver's room a little early and in the afternoon stay there a little late and start up a conversation with any and all drivers & matrons about all matters. As well as the 1 or 2 days a week when you're not doing trips go back to the yard and state what's on your mind to Ernie and to the guys at the card table. No better place to get your views out than at the card table. If you truly want things to get better than give it a shot.

My last post basically said  forget yesterday and lets band together and be positive for the tomorrow. You instantly come back and say sounds fantastic BUT and then go on to list 5 things about YESTERDAY.

1. As far as the contract just go ask Ernie. I have and he and no Union Rep are going to promise you anything exactly until it's put before us but you will definitely get a better idea of what's going on. With regards to the EPP. What more do you want to know at this time? It's a the State level and we have to wait until they vote on it. Hopefully when they do its a yes if it's not then we go from there.
2. Obviously we are still negotiating separate contracts and that's going to remain that way for the foreseeable future. At this time there is NOTHING any of us can do about it.
3. Forgave Mechanics - That's YESTERDAY - What do you want to do? Say hey Mechanics we don't forgive you anymore.
4. Bottom line - Come to work prepared and do your job and Owen can't do a thing.
5. Nobody is secretly covering work. If they were it would be a secret but obviously it's not. Furthermore I personally asked Ernie the last day before vacation about covering extra work. His response was that he recommends not doing anything extra for the company but at the same time he also said that he doesn't know the financial state of me or any other Member.

Just_Right

I think this site is good for all to have an opinion, However when you attack the site owner than you become a BASHER..There is nothing wrong with everyone having differences of opinions about the union. Buzz has always stated in the past he does speak with Ernie on matters. And so do a lot of other people. And yep I know there are some who rip Ernie and Andy apart BEHIND their backs. But hey that's human nature.
        John Isreal comes on this site to spew shit from years ago that he reaped the benefits from and now he has an agenda..he is running for a seat on the EB.And yes I am one of the posters that told John Isreal if he doesn't like it then leave.BUT I have never told Wakeup123 if he didn't like it to leave. HOWEVER I am now..and NO I won't entertain you or your silly insults on here. If you wish to discuss this further no problem we see each other in the drivers room. I know who you are.
       As far as you Eadicicco you stated to me to keep your name out of my mouth, and it was duly noted. BUT it seems to me you don't practice what you preach. You have no trouble attacking me. So listen up buttercup .
LEAVE MY NAME OUT OF YOUR SILLY POSTS.

And again.. if the union is good for you when you want ...then perhaps you should stand by it and for it.
            (Now this is a statement in general. Note that I did NOT attack anyone)

WakeUp123

"state what's on your mind to Ernie and to the guys at the card table. No better place to get your views out than at the card table. If you truly want things to get better than give it a shot." Proud Member 1/2/2015

The "card table".........My god this place is doomed.

John Eadicicco

Just right .......man up tell me who you are and then we can discuss things in any manner you would like? OK buttercup?

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on January 02, 2016, 06:03:04 PM
Wake up 123.... Trying to win over Buzz and Just Right is like a black man going on the KKK website and tring to convince them that Black is Beautiful!!!!!!😀

And trying to sway you is like trying to persuade Rush Limbaugh to vote for Hillary!!

PROUD MEMBER

Instead of all this back & forth negativity what can we do right now to direct all this energy to help this Local and ourselves?