Salerno slate visits Pioneer

Started by Buzz, May 24, 2011, 03:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Maybe they didn't get the memo that Staten Island is Cordiello Country, (with a handful of chronic, anti-Cordiello complainers thrown in), but Salerno and his mob were campaigning in front of the gates this morning. (Weren't they making a stink because they weren't going to get time off to do that?)

Here's another campaign promise from Salerno: If he gets elected the first thing he's going to do is take out our shop steward. Then he implied that Pioneer was going to be on his shit list. (And I thought the idea of campaigning is that you're supposed to try to get people to vote for you.)

He got a little upset because some of his fliers ended up in the street ... and he calls the cops! Made all kinds of allegations that it was Ernie's fault and that he felt "threatened" ... even thought Ernie went no where near the gate. He's intimidating the cops that they'd better do something because he's politically connected and his brother works for the Advance (?). 

The cops listened to the "complainants" and, realizing there was nothing to their story, pacified them the best they could ... which is all you really can do with cry-babies. (They should have given them summonses for littering!)

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Stugots

This is a free country and nobody has the right to take fliers away from a union member who is campaigning.  He wasn't on Pioneer Property.  Someone from Pioneer grabbed the  fliers and thew them all over the street.  Salerno has every right to hand out fliers.  Nobody did that to Michael when he was campaigning.  Buzz, you really think its right what happened.  You think it's funny.  It's not right, and everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves.   

Buzz

Were you there Stugots ... or does your boy lie to you too? Get this straight: NOBODY TOOK ANY FLIERS OUT OF ANYBODY'S HAND.

Anybody who tells you any different is lying.

No, I don't think it's funny. I think it's pathetic that such a big deal would be made out of nothing. But then, from what I've heard, that is his reputation from when he was a delegate ... too "Gung Ho," too in-your-face, and too over-reactive ... demonstrated again today.

Stugots

ok, he threw his own fliers in the street, does that make sense. 

topgun

I put my flier on Ernie and Andy desk

Grrr

Hey shill,
    I just got the Cordiello slate flyer and guess what.   They forgot to put your name and picture in it.  Don't let them get away with it. 

VOTE THE BUZZ-CORDIELLO SLATE
                                         We can bullshit anyone

John Eadicicco

2 things I need to ask you Buzz, Do you have any idea how much out of pocket expenses are involved in the election process? The printing costs and also time off to effectively campaign! Also, WHY.......... were 1181 union mechanics down on city property ( the sidewalk f/o Pioneer), when I believe they should be on the property attending to Pioneer Busses! Were they providing security? ................................But i'm just askin!

Buzz

Quote from: Stugots on May 24, 2011, 07:04:29 PM
ok, he threw his own fliers in the street, does that make sense.
Listen, the fliers were not snatched from anyone's hands. Prior to occupying the street, the fliers were on top of Pioneer's guardrail post.

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on May 24, 2011, 10:45:43 PM
2 things I need to ask you Buzz, Do you have any idea how much out of pocket expenses are involved in the election process? The printing costs and also time off to effectively campaign! Also, WHY.......... were 1181 union mechanics down on city property ( the sidewalk f/o Pioneer), when I believe they should be on the property attending to Pioneer Busses! Were they providing security? ................................But i'm just askin!
I certainly do know how much it costs. Fortunately, I was able to show the Cordiello slate where to get printing done for 1/10 of what they were previously paying. I refused the Salerno flier. Knowing how much they cost and that I only would have thrown it away, I thought it would be more considerate not to waste their money. I wasted enough of their money making sure I didn't hear any of their radio spots. How much do they cost?

I believe the mechanics were down there to keep the buses moving out of the yard. They could not back buses out of the shop area due to the line of buses trying to leave. Campaigners have no right to interfere with company operations.

And by the way, the shop guys are 1181 brothers who work for the same company as you. Don't know if they'd appreciate you making insinuations. Maybe you'd like to modify your own post ... or make sure you don't have any bus trouble in the near future.  ;D

Buzz

Quote from: topgun on May 24, 2011, 08:03:01 PM
I put my flier on Ernie and Andy desk
Were they out of toilet paper?

4real

hey buzz were you there i was, your nose is gonna grow :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

4real

you'd make a good delegate,  you lie right to anyone who listens face, you should start your own slate...VOTE THE BULLSHIT SLATE BUZZ FOR PRESIDENT :thumbup: :thumbup:

4real

P.S DONT BOTHER REPLYING TO ME BECOUSE I DONT GIVE A SHIT WHO WINS :bomb: :bomb:

bug

I'm sorry I did throw my flyer out the window,it was the only thing I had to blow my nose on. :wink1:

Just_Right

Stugots,You are ABSOLUTELY right no one should take anything from anyone. And this morning no one did.Salerno has every right to do as he please. Including campaigning ,but excluding *crying wolf*.I am curious Stu are you a members for Change brother? Because you certainly don't seem Cordiello voter.
Are you a plant that comes here and bashes the union knowing that Buzz allows any posters?

Now to You Mr Eadicicco.
I personally don't care how much it costs to campaigning as long as it doesn't come out of 1181 money. Now as far as being there on their precious time. That's up to the individual. That is what campaigning is all about. We shouldn't have to be told about dollars, when we are not paying for them. No one grabbed anything from anyone's hands.
The mechanics were sent down by the shop to move buses BECAUSE the Salerno Slate was slowing our buses and preventing us from doing our job.So they were attending Pioneer buses  OR was that just a ploy to slow the buses on purpose to be late, so that WE can get violations AND THE SALERNOS WOULD BRAG AND SAY THEY WILL FIGHT FOR US WHEN THEY WERE THE ONES TO CAUSE IT.????? ...............................i'M JUST SAYING!
The Last campaign Mr Salerno held on fighting the board of Ed about summons, only a dozen people showed.

Also!!! And hear this.!!! How can a man, better yet a union brother stand up and make a THREAT that once he is elected. HE is going to *TAKE OUT* our shop steward. And clean up Staten Island Pioneer.
Now I ask you and the rest of 1181, How does a 1181 brother make a Threat like that to another 1181 brother???? I need to know because he certainly lost my vote PLUS..I worry now about my safety in this UNION that one person who claims he  is there for unity wants to TAKE OUT a brother or sister in Pioneer.OH and by the way. I HEARD his words with my own ears. It was a threat! I wonder how will he take out our brother????>?.......I'm just asking!
I heard him and his campaigners accusing the mechanics of being sent by OUR shop steward.I heard the mechanics reply a number of times *stop the Bull$hit we were sent down by the shop NOT the shop steward. But again there were wolf cries to badger another brother, who wasn't even there.