Big Meeting Today

Started by Buzz, November 13, 2015, 03:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rc1790

So basically he took about 7 percent away and wants to give 1 back.
Nice guy.

PROUD MEMBER

Just my opinion.
He didn't take 7% away.
We have him 7% back.
Let's not forget no one FORCED any of us to sign the last contract.

PROUD MEMBER

Meant to say
We gave him 7% back

Grrr

Quote from: Buzz on November 18, 2015, 03:43:24 AM
It's not looking good and although they're trying to avoid it ... at this point at least ... a strike seems almost inevitable.

I've seen this movie before.  Didn't like it the first time.  Terrible ending.

Eucerin

I think this is the sequel, believe is going to be worse than the first time around...

Rock Steady

Well, if these so called great negotiators would have actually used their heads they easily would have seen this coming. Who gives things back on a "promise" to maybe get it back.  On a promise to possibly revisit the issue if we get an extension. %#@*ing idiots !  It should have said, "we get it back upon an extension". What the @@ck were they thinking !  I heard a lot of tough talk in the beginning of the year and during the refresher courses about "we'll lock the gates it we don't get what we want".  Well here we are.  Bargain my money away on a damn promise. I don't want to hear they had no choice, that's bullshit there's always a choice.

PROUD MEMBER

Rock Steady
I understand EXACTLY what you are saying about the current contract, the givebacks and the negotiators. The only thing you left out was that the OVERWHELMING majority of members at Pioneer agreed to that contract. The thing I don't understand is that the majority always does exactly what the Union suggests which in all probability (since they know better than us) is the best thing available. BUT .... As always no one with the exception of myself and a couple (and I mean a couple literally) of members tells Ernie and/or the Union Reps. what's on their minds until after the fact if not at all. Don't get me wrong I'm not talking about you or any member personally but I'm curious with regards to your last post did you state that to our Representation in front of other Members before we signed it? I've come to see that for the most part many of us do not speak what's on our mind, we just go along with the majority. I personally believe in speaking what's on my mind to everyone from Micheal on down whether or not it is the favorable idea around.But I speak before a decision is made. Having said that, no matter what I am a Union member ... So the majority has spoken ... If we need to Strike Lets Go!

Grrr

Quote from: Grrr on November 18, 2015, 10:24:56 PM
Quote from: Buzz on November 18, 2015, 03:43:24 AM
It's not looking good and although they're trying to avoid it ... at this point at least ... a strike seems almost inevitable.

I've seen this movie before.  Didn't like it the first time.  Terrible ending.

And it cost me $5000 to see it.

LMR

The last I heard,Neil's last offer was,get NOTHING back with a 1% increase.Take it go on strike.Not that we should care what he does,it seems to me he's not concerned about his loses or how it will hurt him if we strike. It does make wonder what his plan is to be dug in.If he's  not afraid to take the huge financial hit,I don't see how we will benefit from a strike .We can't make a sound decision without all the facts on both side.We need a special meeting sat Pioneer yard and have some questions answered.Again as I said before,we're in the dark.

PROUD MEMBER

I agree with LMR 100%. Furthermore we should have had this type of meeting before the strike vote but that is the past. Let's not make the same mistakes that we've made in the past. As far as an actual meeting of Pioneer members it should be a special order of business meeting held at a hall of all the members of all the Pioneer yards including Micheal, all the delegates and shop stewards. Not a stand around for a 1/2 hour outside in the elements in each Pioneer yard seperatly. We are Union members who's livelihoods are on the line and we should be treated as such and demand (if needed) as much!

Air_Brakes

Great post by rock steady, lmr, and proud.  Thank you to buzz in attempting to keep members updated. 

LMR

Excellent point,Proud Member about all Pioneer yards at one meeting in at an auditorium with Michael and all necessary delegates so we can have an intelligent discussion so we can make an intelligent decision.There's a lot at stake!!As members in good standing,I believe we deserve at least that much consideration.

Buzz

Ernie is at Pioneer every day. It's possible that he's not there at a time when it's convenient for you ... like the exact time you come in in the morning or waiting for you when you get back in the afternoon ... but he's there all day, every day, unless he's out on union business. ANYBODY is welcome to come back during the day and talk to him ... he will be more than happy to answer your questions and tell you whatever he can. (You can always call first and make sure he's there.)

Being you guys are on here, you know just about everything he could possibly tell you. There is no "news." Talks are stagnant and are going nowhere, but if you want to hear it from the horse's mouth you have every right to ... go in and see him.

Or, you can wait for the yard meeting he intends to call very soon.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
Apparently you are missing the whole point here and I'm not going to get into one of those back and forth things. This is not about Ernie or if Ernie and when Ernie is around. We all know we can talk to Ernie but the only problem with that is its on a one on one basis. It's about all of the Union Members of Pioneer sitting down with each other and with all of our Representation and discussing the future of ourselves & our families. Please don't play stupid here. You know as well as I do from talk around the yard, talk at the schools and talk on this site that all of us are fed up with everything and that we are far from all being on the same page. Regardless of what Neil is or is not offering there are guestions & issues that need to be addressed with all the Members of Pioneer present in a respectable atmosphere and then we'll take it from there. I have hope & respect for all in involved so I'll leave it at that.

Buzz

Not "playing stupid" and I resent the remark. You seem to think that if you had everybody together and the entire executive board at your disposal, that you could get answers you could not otherwise get. Not true. There is no magic bullet, none of them have any more to say than Ernie and, like it or not, Pioneer is not any more (or less) important to 1181 than any other company ... except to Ernie.

And if you could get EVERYBODY to kick in say, $10, maybe we could hire a hall for the meeting. (Good luck with that.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.