The UI Conumdrum Continues

Started by Buzz, August 08, 2020, 06:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: Golfnut on August 11, 2020, 07:34:03 PM
I tried that this morning. Didn't work for me .., Great minds think alike !

You're not quick enough ... LOL.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

hideout

Just got paid from unemployment today after all the trouble I encountered since opening a new book on July 20. But only got paid for last week not for the two prior weeks. Remember I was told those weeks are in the system. I'll post again if, and when, I get paid for those  two weeks.

Buzz

Quote from: hideout on August 12, 2020, 04:36:14 PM
     Just got paid from unemployment today after all the trouble I encountered since opening a new book on July 20. But only got paid for last week not for the two prior weeks. Remember I was told those weeks are in the system. I'll post again if, and when, I get paid for those  two weeks.

I just don't understand why some people have no trouble and others have nothing but! Sorry for the hassle you're going through.

hideout

Buzz I don't understand either all the trouble when opening a new claim. All I know is, after opening the new claim, 3 weeks ago, my problem started when I tried to certify for weekly benefits. It said that I had a break in claim and haven't claimed since 5-3-20 and that I should start to claim benefits starting the week of May 03, 2020. It was 7-20-20 for the new claim. Can't figure it out either.

Buzz

A couple of people have told me that they did it on the phone ... automated system ... but at the end of the call were told they would get something in the mail but nothing about when to call to certify.

Hmm ...

hideout

I also tried on the phone and got the same break in claim nonsense. I don't think it matters, phone or online. The problem is with the UI it's on their end.

Buzz

So, I just opened a new claim online. Seemed to go through without a hitch, nothing about a break in claim. However, at the end it said to "validate" my claim Wed. 8/19 - Sat. 8/22 as is usual ... so I don't know if the waiting week was waived. I'll try claiming on Sunday.

Also, when I tried to log back in to see my status, it said I wasn't authorized to use this system at this time and to try again tomorrow. WTF ???

Buzz, unfortunately there will be a hitch. You have done your part so far. However, you will have to certify this new claim starting this upcoming Sunday as usual, but then the problem starts. Your start claim date will show as inaccurate and your claim will be placed on hold. You will Not receive payment as expected next week, even though you did everything correctly. You will have to call towards the end of the week to speak to a supervisor. The wait for the supervisor can be in excess of two hours. Do Not take the option to have them call you back, they will not! When you speak with the supervisor, they will correct all their problems for your claim. You will then have to re certify your initial week and it may take an additional week to see payment retroactively. I have recently experienced this. You will be frustrated, but be patient and expect these problems.   

Buzz

Thanks for the heads-up, 04012013.

hideout

Buzz I agree with 04012013. As I have been posting everything that happened to him happened to me starting on 7-20-20 when I opened my new book. But good news the two weeks I was owed week of 7-20-20 and 7-27-20 were deposited into my account this morning. I did get the extra $600 for the week of 7-20-20. Maybe the glitch in the system, which I was told was the problem by the UI rep, has been taken care of and no one else will have to go through the frustration of contacting UI to correct it. Good luck and thanks for all your good information you post here.

WigWag16

Quote from: hideout on August 13, 2020, 04:03:27 PM
     Buzz I agree with 04012013. As I have been posting everything that happened to him happened to me starting on 7-20-20 when I opened my new book. But good news the two weeks I was owed week of 7-20-20 and 7-27-20 were deposited into my account this morning. I did get the extra $600 for the week of 7-20-20. Maybe the glitch in the system, which I was told was the problem by the UI rep, has been taken care of and no one else will have to go through the frustration of contacting UI to correct it. Good luck and thanks for all your good information you post here.

So my year ends Sunday I have to open a new claim Monday, is it better if I call instead of opening online ?

wheresmymoney!

So youre saying that we dont gave to open a new claim and just keep and can keep claiming every week? Or should we open a new claim on line once benefit year expires and all will go through with no waiting week with no problems?

hideout

Can't really advise you either way. I opened online and had no problem until I had to certify for weekly benefits. Tried both online and by phone and had the same problems. When I did get through to the UI rep. she did say that they were having a problem with the  info. on the phone and accrual info. in your account. But,again, I encountered the problem  using both the phone and online. Good luck !!!

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on August 13, 2020, 05:44:26 PM
So youre saying that we dont gave to open a new claim and just keep and can keep claiming every week? Or should we open a new claim on line once benefit year expires and all will go through with no waiting week with no problems?

Not sure who you're asking this question of. After I claimed this past Sunday it told me that I had to open a new claim, so I did. Too early to tell about the waiting week or potential problems.

I've heard of people who were able to just keep claiming, but I followed the instructions as given by UI.