Covid at Pioneer !!

Started by Tyme, September 28, 2020, 12:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on September 28, 2020, 01:10:04 AM
Unfortunately in a lot of ways we all come in contact. He handles all of our cards and was taking in the run sheets on Thursday at least when I handed in mine he was.

I've been seeing Bobby Sack putting the cards in the rack. If you just handed him your run through the plexiglass slot you should be ok.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

Yes Buzz you are correct. I guess we will have to wait and see how Pioneer handles this and go from there. Unfortunately it was bound to happen at some point.

Buzz

I think the "right" thing to do at this point is for the company to provide on-site testing for employees which is offered by Lab Corp and Quest, possibly others.

I'm not waiting for that to happen, however. There are plenty of places to get tested.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

WigWag16

I handed my run sheet into him one day last week when he was behind the he window, I was wearing a mask and I believe one time I was waiting by the window as he was waiting to go into the office by the door but again I had a mask on

WigWag16

Quote from: Buzz on September 28, 2020, 01:22:53 AM

I think the "right" thing to do at this point is for the company to provide on-site testing for employees which is offered by Lab Corp and Quest, possibly others.

I'm not waiting for that to happen, however. There are plenty of places to get tested.

See Buzz that's the issue they have kept us in the dark as to what we should do and what the company would do if someone at the company has come In contact with. Again if this was "known" Friday and it's 7:30 Sunday and not one email from pioneer then I dunno what else to think. We should have been notified to come in tomorrow and everyone get a test given it's a dispatcher touching our cards and run sheets. I just feel that we are left in the dark and this should even been told to us during our refreshers and safety courses

Tyme

OMG

I don't know if it's true or not, but anybody who came in contact with Bobby is supposed to quarantine for two weeks at leas, that would shut down the entire dispatch office and personnel. Even if he has symptoms or not, he still tested positive and it could get worse for anyone who came in contact with him, every person handles the symptoms differently. Some get really bad and some get barely any at all. It was bound to happen.

WigWag16

Guess they are taking their sweet time to inform us....they have drivers going in to drive tomorrow.....

OMG

Tyme

So you mean to tell me it's almost 9:00 on a Sunday night and the company didn't even have the courtesy or professionalism to reach out to the employees and direct what the whole company should do ? That's a shame !

sbdriver1

No one cares. They're saying to us that we can overload buses, 1181 isn't saying anything against that so we're on our own

WigWag16

Quote from: Tyme on September 28, 2020, 02:51:43 AM
So you mean to tell me it's almost 9:00 on a Sunday night and the company didn't even have the courtesy or professionalism to reach out to the employees and direct what the whole company should do ? That's a shame !

ESPECIALLY with drivers going in tomorrow for Catholic school runs

OMG

You know, the difference between the UFT and 1181, is that the UFT gets income from Union dues if the teachers are in the classroom or not, when they're in the classroom or teaching virtually they still have Union dues coming in. 1181 on the other hand only has union dues coming in if we are working, which seems to me that's why they're very silent on making sure we are completely safe. We should have right now dead set rules on how many kids we are allowed to have on the bus in the morning, and how many should be stepping foot on the bus in the afternoon, right now they are dead silent! We are in the dark. Bobby Janks came down positive, and SCHOOL isn't even in session. Wait till kids are on the bus, it's going to explode! I wish it wasn't true, but it is. I want to go to work, I need to go to work. But I would feel so much better if we had an answer and rules that were written in stone.

fred

yet we all have to line up next to each other in the yard to pick up one pair of gloves sounds like nothing more than breaking balls and showing that no one gives a fuck about your or your families health very pissed off