Covid at Pioneer !!

Started by Tyme, September 28, 2020, 12:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyme

So word has it over at Pioneer that Dispatcher Bob Janks has Covid and came to work
Sick !! How irresponsible and reckless is that? And wait the best part is his family members have it too!! Is this some kind of joke ? I have a lot of friends at Pioneer and plenty of them have family members with compromised health issues or they themselves have underlining health issues. I'm wondering how the owner Neil is going to handle this? Don't Drivers and matrons enter that office daily ?  What about the other office workers that were not 6 feet away and now possibly infected as well? I was under the impression that it was a safety violation through the CDC anyone infected would have to report it and then be quarantined until no longer sick! Something Is not right here !!

WigWag16

They better have sprayed down that whole damn building including the drivers room...not for nothing but we don't know anything in the contract that contains to this or what protocol is

Tyme

What about testing ? What about letting the workers know ? Have they thought to do that ?

WigWag16

Company should have at least send out a company email informing us a member tested positive and what they are going to do about it

yabba

lets not jump ..let see if buzz can confirm it...and if i true i wish bobby the best and his family

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on September 28, 2020, 12:24:36 AM
lets not jump ..let see if buzz can confirm it...and if i true i wish bobby the best and his family

Unfortunately, it is true ... at least that he tested positive, don't know if he has symptoms.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

Ok I certainly wish Bobby and his family all the best and a speedy recovery. But serious question did he come to work after being tested without results instead of self quarantine?

WigWag16

Ok Buzz....what does the company plan on doing with informing its employees about a positive test popping up in the company that plenty of co workers may have come in contact with especially by having all of us cram in the drivers room last Monday. They should send out an email letting us about about the test and what is going to happen/what they will do

Hammer2161

Not sure that's a question Buzz can answer guys. I think that answer is going to have to come from 1181 or Pioneer itself.

WigWag16

Once they got confirmation they should have informed everyone immediately their plans for the office and co workers. Not by word of mouth

Hammer2161

I totally agree that they should have sent out some sought of notification. They knew how to send an email notifying everyone they needed to be in work on Tuesday.

faceit

What happened to CDC protocol of contacting everyone who may have come in contact which would be every employee in Pioneer????
All lives matter

yabba

lets give it a little time...hopefully he just found out and lets see if they start notifying us...im sure office personal is first on the list... they are in immediate contact...

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on September 28, 2020, 12:33:26 AM
Not sure that a question Buzz can answer guys. I think that answer is going to have to come from 1181 or Pioneer itself.

That' true. I have no idea what the office plans to do. This just came to light Friday afternoon, as far as I know. And wouldn't you know, I was talking to him outside earlier Friday afternoon!

I'm going to wait 4 or 5 days and go get tested. And then go again in a week because I understand it can take anywhere from 3 - 14 days to show up.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

Unfortunately in a lot of ways we all come in contact with him. He handles all of our cards and was taking in the run sheets on Thursday at least when I handed in mine he was.